I’m Antonio Banderas… well, not really
I was looking on the show’s website earlier to see if they had a clip from when Elton John was on. While explaining how he could come up with a song using any text, a student brought up a copy of Ibsen’s Peer Gynt. Sure enough, he did it, and it was really good too!
Alas, I couldn’t find it. But what I did find was a little personality profile game that matches your responses to James Lipton’s questionnaire to those of some of the actors. For those of you who are unaware, at the end of each show Lipton asks every actor the same set of questions from Bernard Pivot’s questionnaire:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What is your favorite sound?
- What is your least favorite sound?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to participate in?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you reach the Pearly Gates?
According to my answers – based on multiple choice, unfortunately – I matched the closest with Antonio Banderas. Go figure…
If I were to really answer the questionnaire, I think my answers would be something like:
- Favorite Word: Schwuptiwupts (sp? – German slang meaning “oops” – remember “w” sounds like “v”)
- Least Favorite: Anything said in hate or anger
- Favorite Sound: Rain
- Least Favorite: Open-mouth chewing (updated)
- Curse: Shit
- On: Friends who make me feel like I matter to them
- Off: Single-mindedness
- Profession: Travel writer/photographer (updated)
- Profession I wouldn’t want to try: Anything particularly smelly or involving serious violence or danger
- God Says: “I love you and I’m proud of you.”
How about you? Play the game. Who are you like? Do the questionnaire. What would you say?