April 18, 2007
For a diversion, I was looking around at strange, funny, and down-right stupid laws last evening. It is crazy what some states come up with. Some of my favorites from my own state of New York include:
- It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
- A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
- A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his or her pocket.
- Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.
- In Greene (near where Kim is from), during a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
- And, in NYC, citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers.”
Do you know of any stupid laws?