P&P Weekly: #51
The next couple of weeks are going to be pretty busy here on the home-front – you know, with the wedding and all. (Oh, in case you didn’t know, I’m getting married on Saturday to the most wonderful, amazing, talented, funny, sweet, beautiful, woman I have ever known!)
I have prepared a number of posts for the next few days and into next week but I will be rightfully away from “the internets” (aka – the “series of tubes“) and out of touch with the world for a few days.
Among other posts that I haven’t conceived as of yet: tomorrow we will have the profile of photographer and trainer David Ziser, I have a variation on my entry into last week’s photo project, and another edition of Geographic Composition. Next week the P&P Weekly will be brought to us by UK Photoshop & Photography Blogroll Member Mike Holley, so be sure to stop in for that.
In the meantime, here is what’s been happening this week in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Amy of 2007 Picture a day (or week) – “Country“
- Paul of A Clean Well-Lighted Place – “Horse“
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania – “Haybales and Pumpkins“
- Bruce of Bruce L. Snell Photography – “Erin“
- Chris of Chis Orwig Photography – “slow shutter view from my subway“
- Mike of Creative Outlet and simply photography has just begun a series of PDFs that highlight some of what he’s learned about photography. “More Than a Lick of Paint“
- Mike of Creative Sweet TV is back with a tip about turning stills into video with Photoshop CS3 Extended.
- Dave at BeckermanPhoto.com has some of his shots being used in a new book coming out in February called The Elements of Photography.
- Dave at Dave Cross Online lists some of his favorite gear.
- David of Digital ProTalk talks about the new Highlight Tone Priority feature on some of the latest DSLRs.
- Michael of eyes on the road has a couple of posts with shots using a Lensbaby (1,2) and another interesting shot of “12 Hats“
- Jeff of Jeff’s Photo Gallery opened a discussion on “to HDR or not to HDR” and tells us of Scott Kelby’s latest book: Scott Kelby’s 7-Point System for Photoshop
- John of John Nack on Adobe talks about Hydra imaging technology.
- Jennifer of Laughing Lion Design shares some links to some VERY pink websites while researching some design ideas.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips has a video showing us a surreal edge effect. And over at Photoshop Killer Tips Matt talks about color correcting skin tone, cloning in CS3, contact sheets in Bridge, and a Quick Selection tip.
- Jenny of Photo Two-Twenty shares a link to an article about getting creatively unstuck.
- Jim of PHOTOBLOG by Jim Larimer has some nice gum bichromate wedding photos.
- Scott of Photoshop Insider highlights a discussion about Photography vs. Photoshop.
- Richard of Richard Vanek – Europe in Black and White Photos – “Kristian“
- Sam of Samuel Barr Photography has some great shots taken as he prepared to cover the Chicago Marathon.
- Jon at San Miguel Photo of the Day – “Three Ducks Swimming“
- Shooter at Serial Photographer – “Wyre Wreck 6“
- David of Strobist shows you how to bump up your backlight by using a little fog.
- Terry of Terry White’s Tech Blog noticed that eBay is now using Adobe’s Integrated Runtime (AIR) technology.
- Clayton of The C Spot is off shooting in West Virginia’s Potomac Highlands for a few days.
- Derrick of The Digital Story has another cool grab shot called “Venice Canal at Night“
- Andy of Visual Realia – “Two“
- Aaron of What the Duck – “WTD #315, 316, & 318″
- Martin of What the Heck Journal – “Nothing Left“
- Ben of Where is Ben? has a number of shots focusing on the lightbulbs from the Neon Graveyard.
Update your blogs often! I will only include links to posts added since the last P&P Weekly.
As always, if you have any suggestions or notice a discrepancy, please email me.