P&P Weekly: #60
Hi Everyone! And welcome back to The P&P Weekly, the roundup of what members of The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll have been posing. The holidays brought a needed break from the rigors of regular posting of this feature but I’m glad to have it back.
A couple of weeks ago I solicited your advice for how to make “The Weekly” better and for ideas to perhaps make it a tad easier to put together. Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions! So, here goes:
- The blogroll on the right will remain the most up-to-date list of links to member sites. It has been, and is continuing to be, updated with current links as I am made aware of changes. If you haven’t updated your blog in 2 months or more, I will take it off the list until you start posting again or contact me letting me know that you’re taking a break from posting. This will help keep the blogroll current and it will reduce the number of sites I have to review to a more manageable size.
- A number of members expressed how they use this as a way to keep up with news of what’s going on in the P&P World and are appreciative of the traffic it provides. Thanks for the words of encouragement and for helping me know that what I’ve been doing has actually lived up to what I intended it to be!
- “Jason’s Picks” – One of our members suggested going through the list and only posting links to my favorite posts from the week as opposed to linking to everyone. Knowing that some will only be featured every once in a while, an effort will be made to make sure that everyone is represented even if it’s not every week. I will still make my way to everyone’s blogs each week and post my favorite 10-15 (or whatever it happens to be) links to articles, shots, tutorials, etc. No offense is intended if I don’t pick your blog in a given week or over a couple of weeks. I’ll try to make it as fair and inclusive as I can.
And that’s about it! We’ll see how it will come together.
Here are some of my favorites from what’s been happening in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania – “Jenn & Jakey in the Barn“
- Amy of Archerfoto – “Wind Song” and “Docked“
- Chris of Chris Orwig Photography/Today – “baile“
- Dave of Black and White Photography Blog – “Rear Windows, belgium 1994”
- Dave of Dave Cross Online shares a link to Bill Gates’ Retirement Video.
- Jeff of Jeff’s Photo Gallery – “Roanoke Island Lighthouse“
- Jennifer of Laughing Lion Design links to a tutorial called “You Suck at Photoshop #2“.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips just posted his class on becoming an Adobe Certified Expert (A.C.E.) over at KelbyTraining.com. I just took it and it’s a great place to start if you’re thinking of taking the exam.
- Mike of Mike Palmer Photo Blog – “Connecticut Avenue“
- Jim of PHOTOBLOG by Jim Larimer – “Shore at Victoria“
- Richard of Black and White Photography – “Full Moon“
- Sam of Samuel Barr Photography – “Winter in the Midwest“
- Clayton of The C Spot – “1st Day Back“
- Michael of travel+photography is starting the new year with some change.
- Andy of Visual Realia – “Red Bicycle“
- Stephen of watchThisspace – “Check Mate“
- Martin of What the Heck Journal – “Under a Grey Sky“
As always, please take a few minutes and visit the great blogs of our other members found in the sidebar. And if you would like to be considered for The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll, email Jason.