P&P Weekly: #66
First off, I’d like to say a quick “Thank You” to everyone for the growth of this site over the past couple of months – and over the past year and beyond. We had about 2500 unique visitors in February and there are no signs of slowing down. At some point on Sunday we hit 10,000 since mid-September (when I made the switch to WordPress and began keeping track for this version of the blog). I am simply amazed!
Coming up this week, I hope, will be a review of Scott Kelby‘s The Digital Photography Book Vol. 2 and I’m working on a video describing how to create the effect used on the cover of Matt Kloskowski‘s book Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop’s Most Powerful Feature.
Here are some of my favorites from what’s been happening in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Paul of A Clean-Well Lighted Place – “#2118“
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania – “Small Rock Breaking the Ice at Lake Nockamixon“
- Bruce of Bruce L. Snell Photography – “Father Aaron“
- Dave of Dave Cross Online lets us in on how he created an overlay for video posts. I’m going to give it a try with my next video too.
- David of Digital ProTalk has a link to some great tips for travel photography.
- Doug of Doug Stremel Photography – “Spring?“
- John of John Nack on Adobe solicits ideas from readers on how to improve color-picking tools in Photoshop.
- Jennifer of Laughing Lion Design walks us through adding more information to photos in Bridge.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips has a video about saving Lightroom presets.
- Mike of Michael Palmer Photography – “Walk“
- Dave of New York Photography – “Night Chase“
- Jenny of Photo Two-Twenty – “French Wine“
- Mike of Photography Reloaded is organizing and taking part in a number of photowalks and meets.
- Scott of Photoshop Insider reviews the Lastolite HiLite Background.
- Justin of Photoshop Quicktips – “Episode 70: Grand Theft Color“
- Jeff of PhotoWalkPro lists the “10 Places to Photograph Before I Die.”
- Richard of Black and White Photography – “Waiting for the Rain“
- Sam of Samuel Barr Photography – “I Luv Analog“
- David of Strobist asks “Who Are Your Photos Really For“
- Clayton of The C Spot just launched a new blog called Photographic Design.
- Derrick of The Digital Story has the results from Photo Assignment 23.
- Michael of travel+photography – “Maligne Canyon Ice Hike“
- Andy of Visual Realia – “Beauty & Betrayal“
- Stephen of watchThisspace – “Majestic Even in Winter“
- Aaron of What the Duck – “WTD #419”
- Scott of Weekly Photography Tips just announced a new contest.
As always, please take a few minutes and visit the great blogs of our other members found in the sidebar. And if you would like to be considered for The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll, email Jason.