P&P Weekly: #74
Welcome to week #74 of The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll’s P&P Weekly!
As I reviewed my Bloglines feeds this morning, I read that Friend-of-the-Blog and Geographic Composition contributor, Mike Holley of Photography Reloaded has decided to take an indefinite leave from blogging.
Mike, I want you to know that we’ll miss your presence and you will always have a home here. Come back soon! All the Best! Happy Shooting!
This is my 650th post! and we are fast approaching the 20,000 unique visitor mark (since switching to WordPress last fall) which I expect to see in the next day or two. Thank you to everyone who has helped by reading, linking to, and promoting this site, especially over the past year and a half or so since The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll came into being. It continues to be a wild ride that is both fulfilling to me as a creative professional and encouraging to me on a personal level as I meet more and more of my peers in the world of blogging. Thank you for partnering with me on this journey! Let’s see where we can go next!
Last thing before I get to the usual P&P Weekly links, my wife Kim (I love to say that!) and I are taking a trip to London and Paris in two weeks which will be part vacation, part belated honeymoon, part graduation celebration as Kim will be receiving her Masters in Art Education from Syracuse University on the 11th.
So, I’d like to send out an invitation to any blogroll members to take the reigns of “the Weekly” for Monday the 19th. I’ve already posted some details from earlier this month when I was out of town on business and I’d still keep it to no more than the first 5 people who contact me about taking it on. (Andy and Jason, let me know if you’re up to it again too!)
Finally, here are some of my favorites from what’s been happening in The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll:
- Kathleen of A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania – “Orchard“
- Amy of Archerfoto – “Temple Lanterns“
- Bruce of Bruce L. Snell Photography – “Jenny, Scott and Riley“
- Jason of Canon Blogger has just updated his Online Photography Test. See where you stand.
- Crash of Crash Taylor Photography – “Krista and Niklas“
- Mike of Creative Sweet TV talks about how using Acrobat 8 can help you do your part at saving the world.
- David of Digital ProTalk lists a number of links about the Orphaned Works Bill which will affect photographers.
- Doug of Doug Stremel Photography – “Spring Sunday“
- Eric of Eric Saar – Congratulations and, though I hate to draw any competition, he’s got a design contest going with some awesome prizes.
- Marshall of f/11 – “Late Afternoon“
- Marcus of Invisible Green – “Peach Tulip“
- John of John Nack on Adobe never ceases to amaze me with the variety and downright coolness of things he finds out there on the “internets”. Like this.
- Kerry of L7Foto uses Lightroom 2.0 Beta’s retouching tool to create a perfectly white background.
- Jennifer of Laughing Lion Design talks about contrasting large images and small text.
- Matt of Lightroom Killer Tips shares some of his own photography from his most recent workshop in the Great Smokey Mountains.
- Mike of Mike Palmer Photography – “Structure” and “Spring“
- Matthias of Pabst Photo – “Feel the Power“
- Jenny of Photo Two-Twenty – “Up, up and away“
- Clayton of Photographic Design – Pittsburgh 1 & 2
- Scott of Photoshop Insider has some really interesting reads in his Friday News.
- Jeff of PhotoWalkPro has some cool shots from his recent trip to Dubai.
- Richard of Black and White Photography asks us what we think the story is.
- Sam of Samuel Barr Photography – “Spring Cleaning“
- Shawn of SDuffy Photography shares Day 5 of his Paris trip.
- David of Strobist – Congratulations on the USA Today article.
- Terry of Terry White’s Tech Blog shares his favorite on-location lighting kit.
- Derrick of The Digital Story asks if we should convert our RAW files to DNG or not.
- Andy of The Global Photographer has moved. Update your links and feeds.
- Andy of Visual Realia – “Last Repose“
- Stephen of watchThisspace – “Last of the Summer Light“
- Aaron of What the Duck – “WTD #463”
- Scott of Weekly Photo Tips shares the image that started it all.
- Martin of What the Heck Journal – “Trunk“
- Ben of Where is Ben? has a digital fine art nude class at the Lepp Institute.
Please be sure to visit the great blogs of our other members found in the sidebar. And if you would like to be considered for The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll, email Jason.