New for 2009: “On the 4th”
Happy New Year!
Inspired by a few different photo projects I’ve seen over the past couple of years, one of our newest series involves photographs taken on the 4th of each month.
Here’s how it works:
- Any photographer who would like to participate will agree to take a photo at some point between 12:00am and 11:59pm on the 4th of each month.
- There is no set theme. Shoot whatever you want. Let the moment move you.
- The goal is to provide a unique perspective of the similarities and differences of our unique and varied experiences on a given day throughout the year from our scattered locations around the country and world.
- Participants should send their photos to me as email attachments (not within the body of the email), optimized for the web, and no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side, by the 20th of each given month so I can post the collection at the end of the month.
- Please title your photo with the time it was taken (with time zone) and include your name and the location of the photo. If you have a blog or website, send that along as well.
- By December 2009, we will have a collection of photos from the 4th of every month, hopefully from around the world!
I would like to especially encourage our friends from outside the US to participate. While every perspective is of value, I think that non-US views can provide an interesting dimension and level of interest to the project as a whole.
I do ask that those who choose to participate would commit to each month of this project. Obviously, things come up and it’s possible to miss one, but I hope to make the entire collection as complete as possible. I think this can be an exciting new series and I look forward to see how many of you will be taking part!
This Sunday is the first 4th of the year and I hope many of you will join me and shoot off a frame!