Well here we are, the last Monday of the year. I’m looking forward to the coming year and would like to get some input from you about what you’d like to see more of from the blog.
After the jump you’ll find some ideas of what we did in 2009 (both successfully and not so much) and some things that are already in the works for 2010 to get your mind working. So please, let me know!
Here are some things that we saw as part of the blog in ’09 and could return in 2010:
- Points of View Photo Project – I post a straight-out-of-the-camera shot for you to download, process and return to me to share in a gallery with everyone else’s version every Friday.
- Monthly Photo Contests – Every month anyone can submit up to 3 photos of their choice, with no predetermined theme, for their chance to win a cool prize.
- A Big Photo Contest – A summer-long contest with set themes and a large prize package to the winner and runners up.
- Workflow Fridays – Guest posts with post-processing tips and tricks.
- Photoshop Interviews – I sit down with members of the Photoshop community to get some background info on them and their process.
- Photo Reviews – Readers send in photos to be reviewed by me on the blog – can be anonymous, if desired.
- P&P Weekly – A roundup of what members of The Photoshop & Photography Blogroll are doing each week. Discontinued because of the time required to keep it up with a growing list. I’d like to hear ideas for how to do something like this again in a more manageable way. Or other ways of reaching out to members.
- Blogger Profiles – Standard questionnaire for new members of the blogroll.
- Sponsorships – Individuals and companies sponsored posts, series, or the site as a whole or donated prizes for contests. I am always appreciative of your help!
- Video Tutorials – I’d love to do more! Send me your technique ideas to learn “How’d they do that?”
Here are some things that are on the horizon and things that might be coming in 2010:
- Guest Bloggers – Every other Monday I will have guest bloggers come in to write a post about pretty much anything they want. I already have 3 regular guests on the list. I’m still accepting volunteers for regular posting. Let me know!
- A Reworking of the Blogroll – It kind of got away from me this year. Rethinking how to make it better and more of a community.
- Video or Audio Podcast – Still in the idea phase but a possibility.
- Acrobat Connect Mini-Workshops – Again, just an idea. Setting up live demos and Q&A sessions.
- Q&A on Google Wave
- Training DVDs
- Other Ideas?
I am always open to suggestions for how to make this blog better and bring you the types of content you’re interested in. I’m also always looking for ways to get this community of ours more involved. So please leave your feedback for what you’d like me to keep, create, or retool for 2010.
Thanks in advance for your help!