About Jason D. Moore
It is my passion to create quality graphic and web designs for individuals, small businesses, not-for-profits and religious organizations so that they may be more successful in their endeavors and reach out to their audiences in new and effective ways.
I don’t treat my clients as accounts. I work to build lasting relationships because the better I get to know you and your business, the better I can serve you and your long-term needs.
Clarity and communication are not luxuries, they are essential parts of any project. I like to make sure that my clients and I have an open and ongoing dialog about our projects by sending updates so we can remain on the same page throughout.
It’s all about the target audience. I try to keep the consumer of the design in mind throughout the process so that every decision my clients and I make reflect the overall goals of reaching that target audience where they are.
In addition to my design work, I strive to educate, inspire, and engage new designers through my various projects and initiatives so not only will I develop in my own work but also that they may grow in their’s. I share tips, techniques and tutorials from both myself as well as other creative professionals working in the field today through blog posts, Q&A sessions, product reviews here on the site, through social media interactions and through my graphic design podcast: Graphic Talk Radio.
Expertise & Experience:
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Photoshop® CS6
- A Decade of Experience Writing Online
- Advanced User:
- Experience with:
- Premier Pro®
- Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Photographer, Videographer, Live Event A/V Producer, and Trainer.
- Honorable Mention: “So, You Think You Can Teach Photoshop?!” Contest by the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (November 2009)
- Highlighted thrice on Photoshop User TV - Episodes 88, 96 & 133
- Featured 5 times as an Editor’s Choice in the NAPP Member Portfolios
- Mentioned many times on Friend-of-the-Blog Scott Kelby’s Photoshop Insider as well as on a number of other blogs written by highly respected members of the Photoshop and Photography community.
- Quotes about me from Scott Kelby, David Ziser, Crash Taylor, Larry Becker, and more.
Interviews & Guest Appearances:
- Taught a video training series for Peachpit Press – Photoshop CS6: Video QuickStart
- Articles on Phototuts+
- Guest on the Designer Roundtable Podcast: Episode #26
- Articles on Photofucus.com
- Interview on Canon Blogger
- Guest Blog posts at Towner Jones Photography (1, 2)
- Guest Post on Design by Firgs
- Interview with Irish design blog Laughing Lion Design
- Profile on What the Duck
I reside in Johnson City, NY, USA – near Binghamton, close to the Pennsylvania border – with my wife Kim, a talented artist and elementary school art teacher – our son Liam, and our dachshund Milo. I am the Outreach & Web Assistant for the Cornell Center for Technology Enterprise & Commercialization (CCTEC) at Cornell University. I have a BA cum laude from Boston University and have circumnavigated the globe through the Semester at Sea study abroad program. I’m a cinefile, traveler, and lover of the outdoors.